Handling Specialty was approached by the technical director of the Pacific Repertory Theater in Carmel, CA, to engineer and manufacture a rotating circular stage (double revolving stage) that included both an inner and an outer ring. Both rings rotate clockwise and counter-clockwise, and can move together or separately, to meet show cues. The rings are also capable of stopping and reversing motion independently of each other, with minimal acceleration and deceleration time.
- Inner Revolve - 216” D, centered against center pin bearing and supported on 48 inverted, height adjustable, polyurethane wheels
- Outer Revolve - 217” ID x 311-1/2” OD, centered by three adjustable centering wheels acting against the ring frame and supported by inverted, height adjustable, polyurethane wheels
- Both platforms are friction driven by gear brake motor and polyurethane wheel
- Motors controlled via VFD or handheld pendant
- Quiet, smooth rotation, stops and starts
For more information on the Circular Theater Stage with Rotating Rings or other solutions