Handling Specialty worked collaboratively with a transportation company to design and manufacture equipment to be used in the testing and assembly of railcar bogies (also called wheelsets or trucks).This was a custom project requiring extensive collaboration between the customer and Handling Specialty’s engineering team, to ensure the equipment met the customer’s precise requirements.
- High efficiency ballscrews provide smooth, quiet, efficient, high speed operation
- Synchronization of the lifting screws ensures that the platform remains level during the entire vertical travel
- Redundant brake motors provide backup braking should the brake on one motor fail to engage
- Self aligning screw mounts allow the ballscrews to self align to the lifting jacks, ensuring proper alignment and maintaining their expected life
- Actuation provides precise motion, accurate positioning and ability to maintain vertical positioning for extended periods of time
For more information on the Four Post Lift for Rail Truck Assembly System or other solutions