Handling Specialty worked with a client in the nuclear industry to engineer and manufacture an extremely large four post lift to be used in a test facility to train nuclear technicians in the re-tubing process for refurbishing nuclear reactors. The lift was manufactured to extremely tight tolerances to comply to Z299.2 requirements.
- Platform size 370" x 295" approx. with front extension 370" x 77" approx.
- Actuation by four ball-screw bevel gear jacks actuated by electronically-synchronized servo-gear-brakemotors with redundant brakes
- Capacity 115,00 lbs
- Vertical Travel approx 275"
- Travel speed: High Speed = 7.5 FPM, Low Speed = 0.5 FPM.
- Includes handrails on platform, personnel walk-off area, ladder with fall-arrest device for ingress/egrees to/from platform.
- Includes linear rails and rack to accommodate HWT linear bearings. Includes bracing to surrounding building structures.
- Z299.2 Compliant
For more information on the Massive Work Platform for Nuclear Refurbishment or other solutions