Handling Specialty was approached by a high speed rail company in the US to custom design and manufacture a personnel platform for maintaining trains inside three of its maintenance facilities in Washington, Boston and New York. The personnel platform is one of five pieces of equipment Handling Specialty was contracted to design and manufacture. The other four projects include split rail systems, wheel removal carriages, wheel dollies and nose cone scaffolds.
- Gel-cell power supply complete with charger
- Non-conductive guardrails and platform (fiberglass)
- Swing ladder and restricted access to both sides by way of keyed safety interlock system
- Platforms traverse along a 600’ track
- Activated by push-button pendant controlled by an operator
For more information on the Self Propelled Personnel Gantry for Train Maintenance or other solutions