Technical Sales Representative:
Handling Specialty (HS) is a 58-year-old dynamic and growing SME located in the heart of the Niagara Region. The company is a well-respected engineering and manufacturing firm operating in many different markets, with site installations located domestically and internationally.
We are currently interested in adding another professional to our sales and business development group. This individual will have a particular focus to maintain and grow our Rail/ Transportation sector. HS designs, manufactures and installs world-class under car, over car, and shop maintenance equipment used in both the passenger and heavy rail verticals.
The successful candidate will be called upon to:
- Maintain a current client base and backlog of prospects
- Develop new clients/projects in both Canada and the USA
- Maintain a network of representatives located in several overseas countries
- Work with Engineering firms to have the HS products specified in end-user bid documents
- Work with all departments at HS in completing projects; engineering for cost roll up and design work, Project Management to ensure projects are completed to contract, Parts and Service for spares and installation work, accounting for commercial matters.
This placement requires some travel in both Canada and the United States and occasionally overseas. In most part, travel is in the North American market.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be experienced in all Microsoft based programs. We will also be very focused on any candidate demonstrating exposure to the rail/transportation industry for a minimum of 8-10 years.
HS views this position to carry a base salary and sales commission. The company has both an excellent benefits package and a pension plan.
If you are an interested candidate then we ask that you submit your resume along with a covering letter. The covering letter will serve as your opportunity to tell us why you are suited for this opportunity and why you will do well within our robust team-driven culture. Submittals without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please send your offering to the attention of Mrs Nicola Garner.
If you are interested in this position, clearly outline experience and salary expectations and quote reference code Technical Sales Representative when responding to:Nicola Garner
Supervisor of Client and Project Admin